CWR have gone a long way on its advocacy to rouse, organize and mobilize women. Its 25-year herstory has been instrumental to the formation of other women’s organizations. Its commitment to serve women for more than two decades had been recognized by the National Committee of the NGO-GO Network for the Feminist Centennial and it had awarded CWR last February 2005 as a “pioneering feminist organization” that has “several projects” including databank services, training for women, and designing modules relevant to the needs of women. Over the years, CWR will continuously expand its services to young women through its volunteer’s program. The program hopes to develop potential young women to engage in women’s advocacy work. Young women will be trained to assist in CWR’s video production, research and publication, library, and media work.
Who is eligible to be a CWR Volunteer?
Volunteer positions are open to young professionals, students and non-students who are willing to learn from and contribute to the advocacy and services of CWR. We call for volunteers who are committed to empower women. We welcome volunteers who are flexible, open-minded, and interested in challenging tasks. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and above. Non-Filipino young women and students are also welcome to volunteer.
What are the benefits of CWR Volunteer Program?
- Hands-on and actual work experience
- Thesis facilitation for senior students
- Access to CWR’s extensive collection of resource materials.
- Actual integration to grassroots women’s organizations.
- The Volunteer may have the opportunity to have another volunteer work with the Metro Mani la networks of CWR such as GABRIELA, SAMAKANA, Salinlahi Foundation, Children’s Rehabilitation Center and Amihan- National Coalition of Peasant Women.
- A certification will be issued upon completion of the program
127-B Scout Fuentebella Street, Barangay Sacred Heart Quezon City 1103 Philippines Tel Number: +632 411 2796 Fax Number: +632 926 1956 Email Address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org